School Club Links
The England Netball School/Club Links Programme supports the National Strategy for School Sport (PESSCL) which aims to ensure that all children, whatever their circumstances or abilities, should be able to participate and enjoy physical
education and sport.
By working in partnership with School Sports Partnerships, Clubs, County Sports Partnerships and the Netball infrastructure, England netball is committed to increasing the number of children participating in clubs from School Sport Partnerships (SSP’s) and to increase the number of CAPS/Clubmark accredited Netball clubs.
The benefits of creating School/Club Links include:
- Greater numbers of young people participating in the club
- Increased membership in the club
- Increased number of coaching opportunities
- Increased number of young volunteers in the club
- Increased number of young leaders in the club
- Increased number of young officials in the club
- Increased accessibility to School facilities
- Greater accessibility to funding to further develop the club and its volunteers/coaches
- Increased profile within the local community
- Increased profile within the sports community
The England Netball School/Club Links Guide provides all the information required to create a high quality Netball school club link. The '5 Stage Delivery Model' enables schools and clubs to work together to create their own unique school club link programme by selecting from a wide range of courses, resources and support. Download a copy of the School Clubs Link Guide.
An example of a school club link:
- Club X expressed in their two year action plan to strengthen their club by providing high five development sessions to primary children, years 5 and 6.
- The high five sessions were ran over the first term in September and October and were very successful with 25 participants
- The sessions were based at the sports college and all feeder primary schools were invited. Students who attended the Young Netball Organiser course at the secondary school helped with the registration, collecting fees and supported the level two coach in delivering the sessions by demonstrating.
- After the course, the high five participants were invited to attend the clubs high five training sessions with the progression to trial for the U12 centre of excellence squad, based at Manor High School.
From this link - 5 participants now represent the club.
If you are interested in setting up a School/Club link in your area then please get in touch with your County Netball Development Officer- Stacy Mound