We took part in various different workshops consisting of ball skills, positional play and also fitness sessions. The camp was run by Kate Roberts who coaches West Bromwich Netball club but we also had two guest coaches as well. Lindsay Male (U14 County Head Coach) delivered a centre court workshop which I can say I personally thoroughly enjoyed and also Zoe Wanklin (NDCC) delivered a brilliant FitNet session. On the 29th of July as I’m sure all netballers know, team England played Trinidad and Tobago in the Commonwealth Games, so we thought it would be beneficial to watch and take note of our very own team England battle their way through and end up beating Trinidad and Tobago. Everyone at the camp was gripped to the Netball and it really inspired us to play more Netball.
On behalf of all the West Bromwich girls and coaches I would like to thank everyone that turned up and made the camp as successful and enjoyable as it was. I hope you all enjoyed the experience and I hope you will consider joining us in our future netball camps.
A big thank you as well to Young Volunteers Ezana Overton, Chloe Stephenson and Jaz Hayer for giving up their time and helping at the camp.
Article written by Ellie Bennett.
Well Done to the following girls who attended the camp:
- Ellie Bennett, Daisey Cotterill, Eden Riley, Nikita Samra, Elisha Kailla, Grace Porter-Deleon, Samba Katanda, Octavia Donaldson, Nasara Arnett, Tumba Katanda, Rhea Patel, Jazmine Seaton and Sahayi Arnett (West Bromwich Netball Club)
- Francesca Jackson, Montana White, Libby Phillips, Mia Linehan, Niamh Powers, Kelly Powers, Katie Taylor, Jo Taylor, Lucy Taylor, Divya Patel and Tanisha Burgher (Barr Beacon Netball Club)
- Holly Bath, Alexia Bath, Lucy Toor, Rudee Robinson, Halee Robinson and Myah Klacken (Yendy’s Netball Club)
- Annabel Goudie, Jordan McCarthy, Florence Thompson, Evie Bramley and Charlotte Grimerson (Dudley Leisure Netball Club).
- Fran Knight and Izzy Knight (Grasshoppers Netball Club)